Sri Lanka – Unawatuna/Dalawella, distances
- Colombo International Airport: 165 km,
- Colombo centre: 124 km,
- Galle centre (capital of the south of Sri Lanka): 8 km,
- Unawatuna: 1 km,
- beach (behind the garden): 1 step.
Travel and transport
About 30 international airlines are currently operating through Sri Lanka, and we provide a 24 hours airport service.
Once you are on the island, there are other means of transport to get to our hotel: Come by train and enjoy the trip on the rails, or come by boat to Galle and take a ‘Tuk Tuk’ to our hotel, or come by car or motor cycle.
The hotel is located a very short distance from various shops where you can buy typical Sri Lankan products such as gems, jewelry, brass and silver ware, spices, tea, batiks, wood crafts. Nearby the hotel are also some small shops where you can buy the daily needs.
- Yatagala-Temple: is more than 2000 years old (Yatagala means: under a rock) and in walking distance from the hotel.
- Galle: UNESCO declared World Heritage Site the magnificent Dutch fort which is the most popular attraction of the town.
- Ambalangoda: The best place to see Sri Lankan masks.
- Hikkaduwa: From a glass bottom boat you can see the beautiful coral gardens and marine life.
- Matara & Dikwella: Take a trip to the nearby historic town of Matara with a fine old Dutch fort and a lively market. Visit the giant 165-foot Buddha at the Wewurukannala Temple, near Dikwella.